Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Devil, the Liar and Me: Where Do We Go From Here: Part 2




This post script was a reply to a person whose conscience would not let her vote for either evil, Trump or Clinton.  She is supporting Jill Stein which shows solidarity with the Political Revolution. Corporate America must stop sucking the air out our lives and honor the needs of ordinary Americans.


I had the terrible experience of living through Reagan, a mild version of Trump who gathered political operatives to implement his dark vision. Trump will do the same and worse. It scares the hell out of me and I cannot relive that horror.

On the other hand, her words express my thoughts exactly. I have become fond of saying, "the lesser of two evils is still evil."  Trump and Hillary will both make us poorer and big capitalists richer. The misery index will soar either way. I want to vote for Jill Stein so that I am true to the Political Revolution rather than a choice of corporate agents. The time has come for a major structural shift, and those two would be leading us down a garden path with the wrong vector.

I live in Blue Vermont. If I were in a swing state, my decision would be drastically tougher. However the same principals apply.

A vote for Jill makes me feel good; the prospect of Trump scares bejeezus out of me.

I am leaning toward Jill but with fear and trepidation.


Who can argue with voting your conscience?

How could I possibly vote for either capitalist bund?
 

Third parties will siphon votes from the evil edifice which must be torn down.

Chill with Jill.
  Still...

Trump is a racist, a hateful demagogue, a megalomaniac; he is unstable, unpredictable, thin skinned and mean.  He is a dreadful dangerous demon.  If I vote for a third party and this guy wins I may live to regret my own integrity. 

Am I eating sour grapes?   Do I feel the embers of the Bern?  I believe that a vote for Hillary is repugnant.  We are facing a horrible dilemma.  Which is worse:  the repugnant or the demon.  Either way, nothing good can come from this.

Conscience or caution:  which will prevail?






No comments:

Post a Comment